[Screenshot from Tweetie]
I am oddly fascinated with Twitter. I like the global instant messaging quality. I like when people use it to delight, inform or entertain so I continue to use it. Now, however, I maintain (and I use that term loosely) two different Twitter accounts so I have been on the hunt for applications, plug-ins, etc that make it easy to post and read to both accounts.
Here's my short list:
- TweetDeck: Standalone desktop application that utilizes Adobe Air technology. IMHO, its TOO much. It takes over my whole desktop!
- Tweetie: Available as both a Mac desktop application and an iPhone application. Desktop app is $14.95. iPhone app is $2.99 and looks like iChat interface. May have to check this out. Looks sleek.
- Twitterfox: A plug-in for Firefox that includes a little pop-up window at the bottom of your Firefox browser with a running tally of Twitter posts. Includes an option to switch between multiple Twitter accounts. Free and definitely one of my favorites so far.
- Twitterific: The first iPhone Twitter app I used and, as such, is the yardstick by which I measure all others. Fairly simple to use, clean, efficient. Does have ads interspersed every 50 posts in the free version. Also available as a desktop app for $14.95.
- TwitterFon: fairly simple, streamlined iPhone application. Free. No ads.
Anyone have a personal favorite or recommend something I have mentioned? I didn't list EventBox because though it looks like it does a lot of great things, I think it would be as overwhelming as I find Flock. Too much input all in one place!