Monday, November 19, 2007

Magazine Round-Up: Part Four

This will be the last post in this series of magazine related posts (I say that now but how much you wanna bet the new issue of Print will show up in my mailbox tomorrow and this whole thing will start again?)



Computer Arts and Computer Arts Projects are my dirty little secrets of design magazines. They are ever-so-slightly trashy with bright, fun, bubbly graphics but I can't help myself. They make me happy. So, I've outted myself. Projects is released quarterly with a very specific theme for each issue. Projects (no. 102) is all about character design with step-by-step instructions on designing your own vinyl toy, plush and digital characters. It's the candy-coated side of the design world and oh-so-tasty.

The August 2007 issue featured 100 design icons covering packaging, broadcast, advertising and information graphics. Since its a UK publication, some of their favorite design icons are specific to the UK but some, like the title sequence for Vertigo by Saul Bass and the Coco-Cola logo has influenced designers on both sides of the Atlantic.



No comments: