Friday, February 29, 2008

Danny Gregory: An Illustrated Life


[Sketchbook page from Peter Arkle]

Danny Gregory, author of Everyday Matters and The Creative License, is working on his third book, An Illustrated Life: drawing inspiration from the private sketchbooks of artists, illustrators and designers. I've been a fan of his loose, carefree drawing style since I first acquired a copy of his personal journal, Everyday Matters.

The Creative License was a great first step to getting me (a designer) to be committed to developing my own drawing skills. Like so many other designers, I never felt like I drew very well so I never drew very often -- which I'm sure you're aware is a self-fulfilling prophecy. An Illustrated Life will provide a chance to peek into the sketchbooks of artists great and small (or famous and not-so-famous, depending on your point of view).

To find out more about Danny's new book and his philosophies on art and journal-keeping, check out his podcast and check back with his blog to find out when An Illustrated Life will be available for sale.

[Tip thanks to Illustration Friday]

No comments: