Sunday, August 26, 2007

Great Type in New Mexico


About a month ago, I was vacationing in the four corners area of New Mexico. We visted Farmington, NM which had a plethora of wonderful old signs with great typography. Whether being in the desert preserved the signs or if no one felt compelled to get new signs, there were numerous well-preserved signs from the 50s and 60s. It was amazing. Here is a little sample of what I found. To see more signs from this trip, check out this photo set on my flickr account.

2 comments:

Mr. Walters said...

Wow! That is some great stuff. I am always amazed by old and hand-crafted signage as it has become somewhat of a lost art. Every time I see stuff like this, I really wish I could take some time off and appretice in a sign shop and pick up some of these skills that they just don't teach in school anymore.

Bob Atkins said...

Nice. Blake's serves up some fine greasy burgers!