Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Book Mining: Frank Heine: Type &c.



Towards the end of his life, Frank Heine: Type &c. was a book published that included a large portion of Frank Heine's type design and graphics work. For those who don't know Frank by name, you will recognize many of his font creations like Dalliance, Amplifier and Tribute. He is also notorious for creating some of the most recognized 90s stylized fonts – Remedy and Motion. I had the luck to meet Frank and talk with him and even receive some of his delightful personal correspondence. Frank died in 2003 at the age of 39 after a battle with cancer. Many people have never seen his work so I thought I'd share it here in hopes that his contributions to the design and type community will not be forgotten.

The last font Frank released was called Tribute appropriately and is distributed by Emigre.

(Side note: I had every intention of posting this yesterday but Flickr was being downright ornary and left me frustrated and annoyed. So, I apologize for the delay.)

No comments: