Monday, November 17, 2008

Calendar time!

As the end of the year draws near, I begin looking around to find the perfect calendar to grace my wall for the upcoming year. For the past 4-5 years, I have bought the wonderful calendars by Washington artist, Nikki McClure. The calendar images are all based off of her papercut images and I just feel inspired everyday looking at them.



This year I have found another contender. The Dolphin Studio run by the ffrench family has been making a limited-edition handmade calendars for the past 30 years. All three generations (from the grandparents down to the grandchildren) draw, design and print the calendars to create a beautiful and varied piece of work.



Both the calendars look great so it is so hard to choose. Maybe I'll get one for the office and the other for home.

No comments: